Monday, December 6, 2010

What Have I Learned?

I discovered that blogging is a time consuming hobby. And once you start, you can’t stop for a length of time or you’ll lose any audience you built up. I also learned that rushing to complete an entry is a mistake. Looking back, I can see the difference between posts where I took my time and where I rushed. Plus, good ideas don’t grow on trees. We really have to become observers of the world around us for our material.


That there are so many blogs out there designed to make money. And I've found a few that are little more than "samplers"...they just lift stuff from others and recirculate it. I write as a release...and I'm finding some friends along the way which has been a bonus. I never knew blogging was about making money...I'm so naive... I thought people want to spread their ideas. Not get paid for playing the devils advocate. This really upset me because I did not know blogging had this side to it.


If I had to do it all over agian, I would do it exactly the same way I did it now. Nothing would be different. I do not write for my audience whether it be one person or a hundred I wrote what I felt. It is hard to find something in life where not only can you vent, but throw your ideas into the world and get constructive critism. This blog has taught me a lot and I realized there is more to my thoughts than just keeping them within myself. I will most certainly contiue this blog because it allows me to be me without a specific deadline, no lines and rules like an essay, and endless boundries like so many of the classes I take right now. I am free to think the way that I want when I want to. To me this is the greatest type of education, self-realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment